Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You're not the only one who gets to write letters. 

HaHA. You told me I couldn't reply to yours and I don't really want to do that. I'll write you your own ones. You deserve them. Letters are my thing after all- makes no sense to not be able to write my own.

When I went to Holland when I was 10, I was a history buff as I am now. But while my thing today is Ancient Greek and Roman history, French Gloire and Russian Revolutions, my thing then was WWII.
Don't ask me why.

Anyways it was a shock to me to actually be in Europe visiting Anne Frank's house and having my hotel room overlook bunkers. I didn't really want to know about WWII I don't know who I was kidding. I literally was not sleeping because I had such bad nightmares.
My Grandmother, Nana was the one who finally sat me down one night and told me to write letters to whoever I wanted about what I was afraid of. She told me to write down all of the things I was feeling and stuff I didn't want to say aloud.

So that's where my attachment to letters comes from. It really does help to write things out of your head.

Sometimes your head just gets too crowded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment